Tuesday, November 1, 2016

MY UNPOPULAR OPINIONS VOL. I

Almost everything is a matter of opinion, and everyone is entitled to that no matter who, what, etc etc. It is what truly separate us at the end of the day. Here are some of my opinions that don't usually fall into the general with the majority...


WHAT OTHERS LIKE, AND I DON'T

Gotham
Initially, I was against even watching it. The story wasn't about Batman, and the lead actor was from "The OC" (sometimes we have to share the television, so we can watch all the nerd stuff we want haha) and wasn't impressed with the limited acting. I eventually submitted and tried it out, only to lost interest quickly. And if that is supposed to be The Joker, or his younger pre-clown self, I hate it haha I am thinking I felt what the Heath and Leto haters felt after seeing them and still not liking their portrayals. I however liked both, but regardless, I am not a fan of the series.

Dr. Who
I'm sorry. Just not my forte I guess....put down the gun....please?

The Walking Dead on AMC
Took me a minute to get into it and start watching. But, it didn't last long. I tried the comic books, and made watching the show even harder. Comic books didn't last long for me either, but admit part of that problem was not reading from the start. The show did have moments, but then it just felt like an endless "wait for them to die" situation. Recent events and what everyone has said has made me glad that I got out before things felt even more "over done". It is just a personal preference, but as a grown man I don't need to see death and sex in shows and movies. I am more impressed when they are able to strongly get what is happening across without actually showing anything. And even at its peak, I don't feel an extra show was needed or deserved.


WHAT OTHERS HATED, AND I LIKED


Daredevil (2003)
Again with limited exposure, but again liked it. Was it open to end amazing? No, but we were in early 2000's and were just in the beginning of getting comic book films. I will say that Affleck's hair as Matt Murdoch was ridiculous, but loved the look of the suit. It was an immediate ending to that old "wanting spandex" phase. In regards to DD that is, Bullseye needed something better than what Collin gave us. Although I am sure going sans mask was so they didn't cover his pretty face haha

Green Lantern (2011)
I should start with mentioning that I had limited exposure to Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern side of things in DC Comics. I am sure that it had helped not having the set in expectations like I do for Batman, The Joker, etc. I liked it. I thought Ryan Reynolds did an okay job with his portrayal of Hal. The costume was a bit much, but figured it would look great in a darker DC Movieverse (was still in Blue Lantern mode with that idea). I was actually disappointed that there wasn't a follow-up where we would likely see Sinestro begin his reign of fear. Speaking of which, I thought that Mark Strong nailed that one out of the park. Someone that should possibly be recast as the same character. Possibly as like many I get tired of explaining how these franchises and movieverses are all separate from each other. Who's in DC, who's in Marvel. That Batman franchise isn't connected to this one. Etc. Etc.

Star Wars Episodes I, II, & III
Most notably, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge Of The Sith. I liked seeing more Jedi and Sith as opposed to just one or two (Master and Apprentice). I was a fan of the upgraded lightsaber battles, especially between Obi Wan and Anakin in  Revenge Of The Sith. I also liked how the film seemed "brighter" adding to the effect of the darkness in Episodes IV-VI,

Just my opinion. Which is both valuable and irrelevant as again we are all entitled to our own opinions, even when they don't "fit" with the majority. There will be more in all areas that I try to cover (wrestling, games, etc.). Until then...Stay Nerdy!

For more Wrestling, Movie, Comic Book, TV Show, Video Game, and Nerd Fit stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment