Tuesday, October 7, 2014

TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT! THE FLASH SPEEDS ONTO TELEVISION

The_Flash.The_CW.DC_ComicsAlthough I am not an avid read of the Scarlet Speedster, I am a fan and have been looking forward to this since before even "Arrow" came to be. In a sense. I was a huge fan of the short lived series as a kid, and still am a bit confused as to why "The Flash" didn't survive in the 90's. Regardless, here we are about to debut a new series tonight, and things looked good before they even started. The episodes last season in "Arrow" were pretty good, and that was without there being The Flash yet appearing, just Grant Gustin playing Barry Allen. Add in all the photo stills and trailers that have been appearing since production began, things are looking better than good, they looking to be possibly epic. Of course, we will have to see if the story and acting are up to par, but then again I am sure there were the same reservations when "Arrow" began.
Captain_Cold.The_Flash.The_CW.DC_Comics

Like I said, not an avid reader of The Flash, but I am hoping to see certain characters appear from his rogues gallery. Captain Cold for starters, and I may catch heat for this, but I hoping he is more like the New 52 comic book version. At least style wise, as I like the updated look of Leonard Snart. It's*ahem* cool. I also hope to see Captain Boomerang, Mirror Master, and Professor Zoom (that episode should be really good visually). However, I am curious if we will ever see Gorilla Grodd make an appearance. If this was a movie, then there would be no doubt about it. Look at how well things look in the current Planet Of The Apes series on the big screen. It could be possible for the television series, it isn't as though they are forbidden from using CGI, it is just the budget doesn't usually have the room for it. And with all the zooming around, perhaps there isn't the room, but then again, perhaps there is.
Gorilla_Grodd.The_Flash.The_CW.DC_Comics

Getting ahead of myself talking about CGI usage and such, when at this moment, it is all on the direction and quality of both the writing and the acting abilities of the cast. I would like to think that they will be able to do as well as "Arrow" has done, but it isn't a guarantee. It is hard not to talk about how awesome the cross-overs could be, but I guess we will find out if The Flash can live up to the hype tonight. Here's hoping it is not only better than the original series in the 1990's, but that it also survives those dreaded ratings.

For more TV Show, Comic Book, Movie, Video Game, and Wrestling stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment