Sunday, August 7, 2016

SQWAD

My oldest daughter and I went to see "Suicide Squad" on Sunday. Thought that it was going to be a rough day after my lady let it slip to my youngest that we were going to see a "Harley Quinn" movie. It was a slip of mind saying it that way, and lead to a small freak out. Why? Well, the baby of our SQWAD is named Harleigh Quinn. And even with the femme form of the first name, she is a blonde haired, blue eyed, super smart, and just as strong version of the character. Had to kind of lie to her, saying it is "Suicide Squad" and not "Harley Quinn". Luckily, she is only 3 (going on 4 this Halloween) and bought it.

Now, this isn't going to be a review really. I loved it. Period. I will say that everyone in this movie brought their A Game and it showed. I would love to see some spin-offs or appearances in other franchises in this movieverse for sure. Clearly a fan of The Joker and Harley Quinn, so seeing even more of them is on my wishlist.
It was action packed, entertaining, and the story was pretty good. I can see where some may poke fun, but to me it was DC Comics all-Villain version of Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy. A cast of characters with backstories to tell, and like I said, they did that well. Even my only concern going into it, which was Will Smith, was put to rest. Haven't cared much for his performances the last few years, it became a "I am aware I am watching Will Smith play something". This time around though, I wasn't. I was watching Floyd Lawton doing his thing as Deadshot. I liked it so much, that I would be very open to seeing more of the former Fresh Prince shooting stuff flawlessly.
I am itching to go see it again, and I will be next weekend as part of my anniversary with my lady. Now it is a week of quotes while trying to not play spoiler, even though she likely would remember.

Even when I am done seeing it for a second time, I will left anxiously waiting for the digital and Blu-Ray releases. I know that opening weekend just ended, but, are we there yet?

For more Movie, Comic Book, TV Show, Video Game, Nerd Fit, and Wrestling stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!

No comments:

Post a Comment