Saturday, July 30, 2016

BATFLECK'S UNIVERSE

There is at least one Batman solo movie in the works, hopefully more as to cover his massive rogues gallery. Sure, Ben Affleck will bring the goddamn Batman to the upcoming "Suicide Squad", but will that be the only interaction we will see between Bats and The Joker, Harley Quinn, and even Killer Croc? Some may not want another Batman V Joker film, but I am not one of them. Especially given that there is also a Harley Quinn to add to the mix this time around via Margot Robbie. But, I would also like to see more, and more characters involved as well. Both returning and debuting. And they would be...

Catwoman
Although in every franchise, she is as iconic as Batman and The Joker. It would be nice to see another incarnation of her nine lives. Older Batman with Affleck, so perhaps Angelina Jolie or Kate Beckinsale could fill the role purrrrrr-fectly. Sorry.

Bane
He got his redemption in "The Dark Knight Rises", but lets see an even closer rendition. Yes, I want to see size changing when he injects the venom, able to kick butt, and the mask.

Mr. Freeze
Speaking of redemption, although Arnold had the look, his over use of one liners in typical Arnold fashion ruined the role. Let's see what Victor Fries is like in Batfleck's world. The question is who would fit the part. I vote for Hugo Weaving.

The Riddler
I actually like Jim Carrey's version. It was an only slightly dark spin on Frank Gorshin's in the 1960's. After seeing him in "Number 23", I would consider Carrey for the role if he goes that dark with the character. I can see the appeal of N.P.H. but I think it could be too much like Jim with the overacting. Who? I guess that is the ultimate riddle with this one. I say Johnny Depp.

Hugo Strange
Probably not on everyone's list, mine either until I was trying to fit Bryan Cranston into this universe. He wasn't cast as Lex Luthor, so why not cast him as one of Batman's intellectual counterparts?

Two-Face
It would be nice to see this character done well in both appearance and performance. Tommy Lee had a pretty good look, Aaron Eckhart was a nice realistic look. But, both lacked substance as a character. How about a spot on look, with a actor showing two people at odds within one man's mind? Perhaps a role Leonardo Dicaprio could pull off masterfully.

Man-Bat
Computer graphics and whatnot are pretty top of the line nowadays, why not show us a live action Man-Bat? Even if for a small part of a bigger story. Casting isn't all that important to me here, as again the CGI is what I would be looking at.

Killer Croc
I know that he is in the "Suicide Squad", but how about more of a focus while within a Batman movie? Of course, after August 5th I may change my mind of this, but until then.

I would have included characters like Robin or Batgirl, but I think that those may be included given Robin's suit appearing in "Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice". Add its "condition" I would say that there is a story to tell there. It is almost a given that Alfred will be appearing, and after seeing the shape that J.K. Simmons got into for his role of Commissioner Gordon in "Justice League", I would say he is on the list for sure as well. I guess we will find out in the years to come...DC finally has a movieverse going on and it is still all in wait and see mode.

For more Movie, Comic Book, TV Show, Video Game, Nerd Fit and Wrestling Stuff! Head on over to Non-Geeky Nerd and check things out! Stay Nerdy!




No comments:

Post a Comment